Operations, finance and grants officer
Salary: £21,500 – £28,379
Contract type: Fixed term contract (12 months)
Closing date: 27 June 2022
We’re happy to consider flexible and part-time working approaches for this role.
About the role
The Nationwide Foundation is looking for someone to provide support with all aspects of our day-to-day operations, our finances and our grant-making. You will work with all members of the team and get involved in a wide variety of tasks, including finances administration, general administration and supporting the work we do with the amazing organisations that we fund.
You will be working for The Nationwide Foundation – a charitable foundation that is supported by, but independent of, Nationwide Building Society. We are a small team of eight people that work closely together and have shared values and mutual respect. We get the opportunity to work with amazing people and organisations across the UK that inspire us with their commitment and desire to make things better. We are driven by our charitable purpose of improving the lives of people in need.About the Nationwide Foundation
What you’ll be doing
Reporting into the Foundation’s operations manager, you will work closely with them to keep the Nationwide Foundation shipshape. You will manage our day-to-day payment processes, keep our financial records in order, and carry out end-of-month reports and checks.
You will also help the operations manager to support the Foundation’s board of trustees by helping to arrange meetings, make travel arrangements and prepare board and committee packs to meet tight deadlines.
You will work closely with our programme team to support the grant-making process from beginning to end. Most of our grants are ongoing and this will mainly involve supporting the administration and monitoring of the grants. You will manage the grant payment processes, be in charge of reviewing and checking grant budgets, carry out database management and also get involved in reviewing and analysing monitoring information including helping to collate information that we use for evidencing and learning.
And finally, you will provide general support across the team, including some diary management, general administration, and travel and meeting arrangement.
We would love to hear from you if you have worked in a support role and can demonstrate:
- An enthusiasm for providing support to your colleagues, working in a collaborative and flexible way.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload in order to meet targets and deadlines, while working accurately with attention to detail.
- Excellent numeracy skills, strong working knowledge of Excel and an understanding of managing financial information.
- At least two years of finance, administration and process-focused tasks.
- The ability to collect, organise and interpret information.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks as part of a varied workload.
- Experience of working with a CRM system (e.g., Salesforce) and/or working with a database.
- Compassion for and interest in the Foundation’s area of work.
The extras you’ll get
Employee benefits include:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, Nationwide will top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance-related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
How to apply
You will need to apply through Nationwide Building Society’s jobs portal. To read the full job description and to apply, click the button below.Apply on Nationwide Jobs website